18577 Natchez Avenue
Prior Lake, Minnesota, 55372
Shock wave therapy is a non-invasive procedure that has shown success where conventional therapies have failed. The “shock” in the shock waves is not electrical, but is a high-energy sound wave that can easily pass through skin, fat and muscle. The waves do not pass through tendons, ligaments or bone. As the sound wave hits these structures and “crash” they release energy. This released energy penetrates the surrounding tissue and increases blood flow to the area, stimulating tissue repair of injured structures. Shock wave therapy speeds up the healing process and can also help soft tissue injuries to heal with less fibrous tissue accumulation.
Only taking about 20 minutes, Shock wave therapy is performed as an out patient procedure. After a complete veterinarian examination, shock wave therapy may be recommended for: